THOM BROWNE ACQUIRED BY ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA GROUP FOR $500 MILLION

August 28, 2018 The Unbiased Writer

Thom Browne Inc has been acquired by the Ermenegildo Zegna Group for $500 million USD. The company now owns 85% of Thom Browne’s shares, with the remaining 15% retained by Thom Browne himself. According to several reports, Thom Browne will maintain its independence with Browne remaining as Chief Creative Officer. “I am very proud and excited for my new partnership with Zegna,” said Browne in a statement. “I feel that their passion for only the best quality and craftsmanship is very much aligned with how I have always approached my collections.” The eponymous CEO of the Zegna Group, Ermenegildo Zegna, added, “In addition to the immediate benefits with regards to fabrics and manufacturing support we can leverage our global reach to further expand Thom Browne’s retail network.” Stay tuned for updates!

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *