Today, January 28th at 9:00 p.m. ET, President Obama will deliver his annual State of the Union Address to the nation. You can also watch the speech broadcasted live on the White House‘s Facebook, YouTube and Google+ page. This year however, the speech is just the beginning… Immediately following the address, the White House will stream a live “Open for Questions” event from the White House on WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU. You’ll have the chance to ask your questions and hear from a panel of senior White House advisors. You can post questions now, and during the speech on Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Google+ and Facebook using the hashtag #SOTUChat. In addition, the White House will also answer questions from an in-person audience of White House Social participants. Check out the schedule below:
- Josh Earnest, Principal Deputy Press Secretary (@JEarnest44)
- Roberto Rodriguez, Special Assistant to the President for Education Policy
- Betsey Stevenson, member of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors (@CEABetsey)
- Dan Utech, Director for Energy and Climate Change (@Utech44)
- Christen Young, Domestic Policy Council
- Marlon Marshall, Principal Deputy Director of Public Engagement
- Get email updates: Sign up and make sure you’re among the first to get exclusive content before and after the speech
- Follow on Twitter: Make sure you’re following @WhiteHouse on Twitter for news and real-time updates before, during and after the address.
- WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU: WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU is your number one resource for all things State of the Union.
Be sure to tune in this evening, and as always, let us know what you think in the comment section!